Friday, March 27, 2009

future topics - ON TOPIC

Really more for myself than my dedicated readers...ha ha... I am posting a few future blog titles that I need to write about because I want to focus this particular blog on actionscripting best practices in the e-learning vertical, which is my primary area of expertise.

Here are the titles you can look forward to seeing articles on in the form of my to-do list!

1. Scorm and flash resources. Getting your flash stuff to work inside SCORM. (If you cant wait for this article, visit pipwerks.com now and join their groups. They are the best)

2. Building an RSS feed aggregator in flash. I need to do this myself, so I'll post how I did it when its finished. The purpose of this is to put any feed url into flash vars of an embedded flash object, and quickly parse out the important information with a nice little XML parser. I'll do one in AS1 and AS3.

3. Actionscript 1, 2, and 3. What are the futures and advantages of each? Is AS3 truly the best for all applications?

4. Badges badges badges. Making badges you can let others embed on their sites in flash.

5. My world famous video player widget. How its made, how you can use it.

6. The best quiz/question engines. Theory behind them, what works, and what is most effective for training online.

7. "What would google do?" by Jeff Jarvis book review

More to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment